An beautiful hearty dish for your family and friends that doesn’t take long to serve. Raising the beef on bed of veggies will add additional flavour and colour!
INGREDIENTS / SERVES 6
- 750 g piece of silverside roast (un-corned)
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 8 thin cut prosciutto slices
- roast potatoes and steamed asparagus to serve
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Coat beef with sun-dried tomato pesto and wrap evenly with prosciutto slices. Tie with string or secure with metal skewers.
- Place the beef on a rack in a roasting dish. Roast for 30 minutes for rare, 40 minutes for medium and 45 minutes for well done. For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer.
- Remove beef from oven, loosely cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes. Remove string and slice beef.
- Serve with roast potatoes and steamed asparagus.
- Suggested roasting times per 500g for: Silverside, blade, round, topside, eye round, oyster blade. Cook at 160ºC. Rare 20-25 min per 500g, Medium 25-30 min per 500g, Well done 30-35 min per 500g.
- Roast on a rack. Raising the roast allows the heat to circulate around the roast browning it evenly. Without a rack the bottom of the roast will begin to stew. Wider rung racks give good results; they’re preferable to the closed rack like trays that are sometimes inside your oven when you purchase it. Placing the roast on a bed of julienne vegetables or trimmed meat bones is another way to raise the roast, and they both add flavour to the pan juices.